Saturday, March 15, 2003

If you insist upon fighting to protect me, or 'our' country, let it be understood, soberly and rationally between us, tht you are fighting ... to procure benefits which I have not shared ... in fact, as a woman, I have no country. As a woman I want no country. As a woman my country is the whole world." Three Guineas," Virginia Woolf (1938)

went to the library today and while i was fidgeting through the online catalogue..a gentleman next to me stuck a conversation with me. the chitchat gravitated towards the possibility of war. the said man felt that it was the american responsibility to unleash hell and fury to the man of bagdad.

i asked him about the women and children of iraq. he muttered,'aren't they running to the hills..to the neighbouring countries?'

Youssou N'Dour decides to take a stand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home