Thursday, April 03, 2003

'why im i compelled to write. because writing saves me from the complacency i fear. because i have no choice. because i must keep the spirit of my
revolt and myself alive. because the world i create in writing compenstates for what the real world does not give me. i write to record what others erase when i speak.
to re-write the stories others have mis-written about me/you. by writing i put order in the world. to become more intimate with myself. to achieve self autonomy.
i will write the unmentionable. give it a handle so i can grasp it. i write because life does not appease my appetites and hunger. to show that i can and will write.
never mind their admonition to the contrary. never mind outraged grasp of the censor of the audience. finally. to dispel the myth that i am a mad prophet or a poor suffering soul. to convince myself that i am worthy and that what i have to say is not a pile of shit. i write because i am scared of writing. but i am more scared of not writing.'

cant remember who wrote this

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home